Saturday 14 April 2012

WEBSKILLS



Spring 2012 
FIRST THOUGHTS

 ‘Building Teaching Skills Through the Interactive Web’

WEBSKILLS



As participants in this course, we will be able to learn about the possibilities of the different search tools, websites and teacher resources. Learning about innovative online teaching will give us the necessary tools to improve our teaching by producing online materials for our students and by sharing information with each other.

As teachers, I think we gain experience every day. Every time I listen to a song, every time I watch a film, every time I read a novel or a poem, I always think about the possibilities of using those materials and ideas in my classes.

This is not the first time I publish a blog. In 2010 I took a course on Web 2.0 and language learning. I learnt about online learning environments, shared my work and collaborated with the other teachers. The course was provided by our teachers association (APPI).

WEBSKILLS will present us with great challenges as we will be able to learn and share ideas with teachers from different parts of the world. Both professional and personal development will take place.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Fátima,

    It's nice to meet you online. I understand what you mean, I'm also a full-time teacher, I can't switch off! I also have high expectations about the course.
    Mari Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mari Carmen,

      Although we are so far away from each other, we are able to communicate and share our ideas. It's indeed one of the Internet's strenghts.
      I want to improve my methodology and organize my teaching practice by discussing how we can use the web resources. So, just like you my expectations are also high.
      Thanks for being the first follower of my blog.

      Fátima

      Delete
  2. Hi Fatima, I had to laugh when I read your post because I do the same thing! Every piece of language that comes into my head is examined, analyzed and evaluated for usefulness in the classroom. I remember one time I was on a plane and reading a magazine article. I leaned over to my friend and said, "Look, this article has 6 absolute constructions! I'm going to save it for my advanced grammar class!" Of course, she looked at me like I was crazy, and at that moment I realized I was truly meant to be an English teacher!

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janine.

    I understand the feeling. I sometimes plan cross-curricular activities and I don't always find the motivation and enthusiasm I would like to find as far as some of my fellow teachers are concerned. Some don't just see the point in doing something different. I see many reasons: my students.

    Fátima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Fátima,

    Thank you for sharing your blog.

    When you mention …” WEBSKILLS will present us with great challenges as we will be able to learn and share ideas with teachers from different parts of the world. Both professional and personal development will take place.” It comes to my mind that we are also teaching our students how to behave, in a professional way and enhancing both personal developments: our and the peer’s one; in addition, the socialization that a blog provides is greatly beneficial to all parties included in it.

    Fernando
    PS I like the "tilde" in Fátima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Indeed we can learn a lot from each other.

      As far as my name is concerned, it has diacritical mark above(Fá...)because it is the stresed syllable.It gives it a particular phonetic value apart from giving more character to the name. I think it has something to do with my personality.

      Delete